The Professor of Applied Economics of the University of Coruña gave today at the FEET-ULPGC the conference «European port governance: its diversity. The Spanish bet».
He is a renowned researcher within the Maritime-Marine-Port area, with relevant publications both in
books as well as scientific journals with high academic impact. In addition, he presents a renowned professional profile
related to his research area. He has held the following positions:
• President of the State Ports Public Organization
• President of the Xunta de Galicia
• Senator of the Kingdom of Spain
• General Director of Fisheries Management in the Government of Spain
• Member of the Galician Parliament
• Deputy Mayor in A Coruña City Council
• He was part of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe and the Western European Union (UEO).